This policy relates to the privacy of your information at GS UK Ltd
GS UK Ltd is committed to keeping your information private. By 'your information' we mean any information about you that you, or third parties, provide to us. This policy relates to the privacy of your information at GS UK Ltd and our webshop gs-ukdirect.com. How we will handle your information is explained below.
Customers and Attendees
If you're a customer of GS UK Ltd, to allow us to facilitate your order and future orders, we will need to store and process some of your personal information. This includes your name, addresses, postcodes and your contact details such as your telephone number or email address. We may require this information to contact you, for example if your order has been delayed, however, we will not use your details for any other purposes unless you have given us your express permission to do so.
From time to time we like to inform our customers of up-coming road show events, exhibitions we will be at, new products, special offers and competitions. Under the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) we aren't allowed to do so without your permission. When setting up your account we will ask you if you are happy for us to contact you in these circumstances.
We promise never to share your information with other organisations (unless you have given us pemission to give your details to an exhibitor present at an event) and we also promise not to contact you too often!
If you register to use our secure services, such as the gs-ukdirect.com or brothergtinks.com websites, we'll ask you to provide some information about yourself for security, identification and verification purposes.
When completing any online registration forms for the webshop, we'll tell you how your information will be used within the form and in any associated terms and conditions.
We will retain information collected about you online for as long as permitted for legitimate business purposes.
Information we collect
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information, which your computer or mobile device downloads when you visit a website. When you return to websites or visit websites that use the same cookies they may recognise these cookies and therefore your browsing device.
If you visit our website, we will deploy these technologies to provide an online service more suited to the device you connect from.
Ensure your security and privacy when in our secure sites
Store login details for our secure sites
GS UK Ltd Privacy Principles
GS UK Ltd is committed to safeguarding the privacy of your information. By 'your information' we mean any information about you, that you or third parties provide to us.
- We will only collect and use your information where we have lawful grounds and legitimate business reasons to do so
- We will be transparent in our dealings with you and will tell you about how we will collect and use your information
- If we have collected your information for a particular purpose, we will not use it for anything else unless you have been informed and, where relevant, your permission obtained
- We will not ask for more information than we need for the purposes for which we are collecting it
- We will update our records when you inform us that your details have changed
- We will continue to review and assess the quality of our information
- We will implement and adhere to information retention policies relating to your information, and will ensure that your information is securely disposed of at the end of the appropriate retention period
- We will observe the rights granted to you under applicable privacy and data protection laws, such as GDPR, and will ensure that queries relating to privacy issues are promptly and transparently dealt with
- We will train our staff on their privacy obligations
- We will ensure we have appropriate physical and technological security measures to protect your information regardless of where it's held
- We will ensure that when we outsource any processes, the supplier has appropriate security measures in place and will contractually require them to comply with these Privacy Principles
If you have any questions about privacy at GS UK Ltd, please contact the GS UK Ltd Privacy and Data Protection Team at 5 Crocus Street Nottingham NG2 3DE.